The City of Keene is soliciting interested candidates to be a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Instructor in our Public Works Department! This contract position is considered part-time temporary employment and pay rate will depend on experience and qualifications. Some benefits are offered.
Under the direction of the Assistant Public Works Director, this position is responsible for delivering driver training in compliance with Federal and State regulations, maintaining accurate records of all activity, and fostering an encouraging learning environment, ensuring that students are given the highest quality education in preparation for their CDL road test.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide quality, professional instruction, to eligible employees in preparation for testing necessary to obtain a Commercial Driver’s Permit and/or license using classroom and train-the-trainer behind the wheel practical application methods.
- Plans, organizes, and schedules the collection and submission of documentation to the FMCSA to comply with the ELDT requirements.
- Implements the Department’s CDL Training Program, including maintaining and updating records, coordinating training events, monitoring program effectiveness, and serving as the Department’s designated administrator for the FMCSA database.
- Researches, analyzes, and interprets rules and regulations relevant to the Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) in order to comply with State and Federal law and department policies to develop comprehensive and effective theory and behind the wheel training curricula and materials.
- Highschool diploma or GED, plus 3 years of experience in commercial fleet, driver qualification, transportation safety, driver training and testing, training or education, or related field.
- Must have knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing driver qualifications under a CDL and Federal Motor Carrier Regulations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid CDL, Class A and have held a CDL for a minimum of 2 years. This candidate’s Motor Vehicle Record must meet the minimum standards as established and must carry the proper Federal Certification as trainer.
Job Description: CDL Instructor
The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.