Building MechanicAre you looking for a career opportunity in an organization that offers competitive pay and benefits? If so- apply today for the City of Keene’s Building Mechanic opening!
We are now accepting applications for a Building Mechanic at City Hall! This position is responsible for performing a variety of routine repair and preventative maintenance tasks to a variety of City facilities and associated equipment. The Building Mechanic serves as the lead on minor facility repair and maintenance projects as well as manages small contracts and monitors energy management systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC, security systems and energy management systems.
• Inspects and monitors the operation of heating and air conditioning units.
• Performs plumbing repairs such as repairing leaks and unplugging drains and fixtures.
• Performs rough and finish carpentry work and construction work, including building and paneling walls
and partitions, designing and installing countertops, and hanging and finishing drywall.
• Determines, or assists in determining, future projects necessary for the maintenance of buildings and
facilities or to further the needs of City departments.
• Ensures that electrical repairs to City buildings, fixtures and equipment are made, including testing
circuits to locate problems, replacing switches, outlets and ballasts and repairing and replacing motors
• Cleans restrooms, lobbies, offices, other rooms, hallways and stairways. Collects and removes trash and
recycling, washing windows and walls, sweeping and mopping floors and vacuuming and cleaning
• Maintains through others building safety to include suppression, access and egress.
Pay and Benefits:
This full-time position offers a competitive pay range of $20.99- $24.95 per hour. The City of Keene also offers full-time regular employees a strong benefits package, including health, dental, life, disability, retirement, paid leave time, tuition reimbursement and more!
High school diploma or GED plus three years of experience in the maintenance and repair of building and mechanical systems, including some of the more complex building maintenance repair tasks. Prefer skills training in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other building trade areas. Must demonstrate experience with budgets and managing contracts. Valid driver’s license required. This position will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally more than 100lbs.
Come to Keene and settle in! Our community is known as a safe place to live and one of the nation’s top communities to raise a family! Apply online: https:/keenenh.gov/jobs. Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your completed application. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and will continue to be accepted until an adequate pool of candidates is received.
Job Description: Building Mechanic
The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.