The City of Keene is seeking an experienced and proactive individual to lead our Community Development team comprised of ten Community Development professionals! After 25 years, the current Community Development Director is retiring. The City and community’s combined desire for innovation and sustainability, the community’s support and engagement and the collaborative work environment and opportunities to work on initiatives across the organization are among the many reasons they love their work here at the City!
Come to Keene and settle in! Our community leads based on its values including environmental sustainability, health, wellness, and locally-sourced food and products. We are the hub of environment, business, industry, culture, higher education and recreation for the Monadnock Region and have been voted #7 in “America’s Ten Fittest Small Towns”, by The Active Times. Residents and visitors enjoy Keene’s walkable historic downtown, 27 miles of trails, and 16 City parks and our daytime population is nearly double with regional residents entering Keene to work, shop, eat, play and learn!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership and direction for long range planning programs including but not limited to Comprehensive Master Plans, plans for existing and future land use, natural resource protection, sustainability and energy, major street plans, traffic and parking studies, subdivision regulations, and neighborhood analyses.
• Recommend and implement customer-focused processes that result in a well-coordinated land use application process that is timely, predictable, cost effective and efficient.
• In conjunction with economic development, work in partnership to support catalyst projects that are most relevant to development, redevelopment, historic preservation, community improvement, sustainability, energy, innovation and service delivery.
• Participate as a team member on various activities, projects and programs as they relate to economic and community development or redevelopment including ERZ, 79E, tax increment financing, environmental limitations impacting community development opportunities.
• Serve as a liaison to citizens, developers and their agents regarding land use matters.
• Develop and implement public participation processes including community surveys, focus groups, public forums and workshops related to community priorities, council initiatives, capital planning or capital projects, and other planning initiatives.
• Conduct research, evaluate, and develop regulations and ordinances. Make recommendations to City Council regarding updates or modifications to specific regulations and ordinances.
• Provide technical and objective expertise and objective staff reports to the Planning Board, City Council, Conservation Commission committees, and other City departments, as required.
• Monitor legislation that pertains to land use, regulatory approval and processes and sustainability matters.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred, plus seven to ten years related experience in community development, long-term planning, including five years in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary and Benefits include:
• This position offers a salary of $96,192- $119,873 annualized, plus a comprehensive benefits program, including health, dental and life insurances, an Employee Assistance Plan, paid time off, retirement plans, and more!
• An environment where you can grow, be challenged, and learn from interesting and talented colleagues!
• The opportunity to make a real difference in our community.
Apply today! Please upload your resume and a cover letter before submitting your completed application. Open until filled, with the first review of applications on December 20, 2021.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs.
Job Description: Community Development Director
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.