The City of Keene is seeking an ambitious professional who is passionate about making a difference in their community, to join the Human Services team as a part-time Outreach Worker! This contract position serves as a team member working with agency partners in the field providing homeless outreach, interacting with unsheltered homeless people and individuals in transitional housing, and assisting with applications to support connection to housing programs and social services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with multiple agencies to perform outreach to individuals residing in homeless encampments and shelters, building a respectful and trusting relationship with clients.
• Establish working relationships with community service providers, homeless shelters and hospitals.
• Provide clients with information on various Human Services programs and assist in filling out applications for assistance. Provide referrals to appropriate agencies.
• Assess general physical condition of clients in the field to make the proper referrals.
• Document information by entering data on applications and case notes into the GAP (General Assistant Program) software.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Associate’s degree or equivalent in education and/or experience working in human services or experience dealing with unhoused or struggling populations.
• Valid driver’s license.
Pay and Perks include:
• This 28 hour per week contract position offers a pay range of $20.00- $23.00 per hour.
• The City of Keene also offers employee discounts, an option to save for retirement and an Employee Assistance Program!
Apply today! Please upload your resume and a cover letter before submitting your completed application. First review of applications will be on Thursday, November 10, 2022.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs.
Job Description: Outreach Worker
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.