Water and Sewer Service Aide IIDo you love being physically active and working outdoors? Would you like a job that offers you a stable paycheck, great benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement? If so- then consider a career with the City of Keene’s Public Works Department as a Water and Sewer Service Aide II!
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with maintenance and repair of water and sewer mains. This involves locating and diagnosing
sewer stoppages, water main leaks and service breaks.
• Assist with laying out of water and sewer mains.
• Install taps and sewer lines.
• Perform preventative maintenance of equipment and systems. This includes lubrication, routine
inspection, and corrosion control.
• Maintain fire hydrants.
• Read, replace, test and rebuild water meters, as required.
• Plow and remove snow.
• Mow and maintain lawns. Prune vegetation.
• Perform general housekeeping duties and paint, as required.
• Be on-call and available for water and/or sewer work as scheduled. This involves carrying a pager and
remaining within 30 minutes of Keene.
• Maintain state certification through participation in appropriate training workshops.
Note: This position is subject to standby duty and call-back during non-regular working hours, weekends and holidays. In addition, this position is subject to Federally-mandated random drug testing. Position should be able to respond within 30 minutes (depending on weather conditions) to the worksite.
Pay and Benefits:
During the probationary period, the pay range for this position ranges from $16.81- $19.19 per hour. Upon successful completion of the probationary period, this position will move to the regular pay schedule which consists of pay steps and hourly rates ranging from $19.59- $23.01 per hour. The City of Keene also offers a strong benefits package, including health, dental, life, disability, retirement, paid leave time and more!
High school diploma or GED; or three to twelve months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Obtain valid NH commercial driver’s license (CDL) with tank endorsement and air brakes within 3 months of employment. Both Grade I NH Water Distribution Certificate and Grade I Wastewater Collection Certificate are desired. This position will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally more than 100lbs.
Apply online: https:/keenenh.gov/jobs. Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your completed application. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and will continue to be accepted until an adequate pool of candidates is received.
Job Description: Water and Sewer Service Aide Job Description
The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.