The Greater Keene Peterborough Chamber (GKPC) is seeking a President & CEO to lead and maintain high visibility for the organization; successfully advocating and advancing complex, multi-disciplinary business, and public policy issues. The President & CEO has general supervision over the administration of all GKPC business and affairs, subject to the direction of the Board of Directors.
Essential Duties of President & CEO
This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local businesses, government officials, and community groups.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develops and executes a strategic plan to focus the organization on the key priorities that are critical to advancing a diverse and inclusive business climate in the region.
- Leads the Board of Directors through an annual planning process to ensure that long and short-term objectives and goals are met to achieve the long and short term goals of the Chamber.
- Acts as liaison with board of directors, Chamber members, staff and other members and stakeholders of the region.
- Oversight and development of programs and services including but not limited to; Promoting The Region, Workforce Development, Leadership Monadnock and Regional Issue Series.
- Develops and implements a plan to ensure member recruitment and retention.
- Ensures effective communication with members either by personal visits, telephone, email, mail, business group meetings, or surveys, and that members' ideas and concerns are responded to in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Oversees all Chamber communications including website, newsletter, press releases, marketing collateral, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in the activities of various Chamber committees to ensure their effectiveness to achieve the goals of the Chamber.
- Applies for and administers grant funds as revenue to support an organization’s mission as well as overseeing and managing contract requirements.
- Financial acumen to provide fiscally responsible administration of GKPC’s resources and ensures long-term, sustainable financial health.
- Collaborates with Finance Committee to develop and maintain annual budget.
- Identifies staffing needs, oversees the hiring process, mentors staff and conducts annual performance reviews of Chamber staff.
- Experience in Chamber and/or destination marketing experience preferred.
Qualified applicants must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must have experience leading and working with non-profits and volunteer boards of directors and demonstrate the ability to facilitate a cooperative and inclusive organizational culture. Applicants must have experience leading and managing staff; 3 – 5 years senior management experience is preferred in addition to experience applying for and administering grant funds. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- $75,000 - $80,000 depending on experience
- Health Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Retirement Benefits (6% employee minimum contribution; 2% employer match)
About Greater Keene Peterborough Chamber (GKPC)
The Chamber has two physical office locations, Keene and Peterborough, NH. The Chamber engages the diverse segments of our regional economy with a common goal of creating a better business community, a better community in which to live, work, play and raise a family.
The main office is located at 48 Central Square in downtown Keene, NH, the Chamber is primarily a volunteer-based organization that works to serve the needs of the membership through a variety of networking, educational, marketing and community service programs. GKPC is not a member of the US Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber staff consists of a full time CEO/President and four part time staff members.
The GKPC is a growing organization. In late 2020 the Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce merged with the Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce to form the largest Chamber of Commerce in western New Hampshire. The merged organization has approximately 500+ members.
The GKPC is a vibrant Chamber with an active and engaged board of directors. The board is constructed with directors from a cross-section of the community. Directors represent; Higher Education, Banking, Manufacturing, Wholesale, Legal, Medical, Municipal and County, Publishing, Performing Arts, Insurance, Retail and Real Estate. The board is a working board with active involvement and members of committees and task forces.
The GKPC is evolving and expanding programs, events and outreach. Notable initiatives include, but are not limited to; Promoting The Region (this is a major initiative focusing on a three year plan), Regional Issues Series, Leadership Monadnock, Diversity Equity Inclusion Task Force, and Business After Hours.
About the Region
The Monadnock region is best known for its natural beauty, safe neighborhoods, historic preservation, cultural diversity, quality education and sense of community. The area boasts over 60 miles of rail trails, camping, kayaking, winter sports, farmers markets, historic New England settings, a burgeoning localvore movement, and much more.
Keene is the home to Keene State College, Antioch University and River Valley Community College. Franklin Pierce University is also located within the Monadnock region footprint located approximately 30 minutes from Keene.
Keene neighbors Mount Monadnock, the most climbed mountain in the US. Keene is an easy two-hour drive to Portsmouth, Boston, Hartford or Albany, a four hour-hour drive to NYC and a five-hour drive to Quebec City. Keene and other towns in the region boast an active performing arts community including several local live venues.
Keene is the summer home of the Keene Swamp Bats who play in The New England Collegiate Baseball League. Keene has a diverse local economy based on advanced manufacturing, medical device, health care, and insurance as well as vibrant small farms, restaurants, shops, artists and service businesses. New Hampshire has no income tax and no general sales tax.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter describing interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. GKPC is accepting resumes for the position until May 28, 2021.
GKPC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. No phone calls please.