High 5 Adventure Learning Center is an educational non-profit organization that helps individuals, schools and communities use experiential and adventure education as a catalyst for positive change. Edge of Leadership (EOL) is an approach to support the social, emotional and leadership development of all members within schools. We’re looking for someone with classroom teaching experience, who wants to join us full time as we embark on formalizing long-term professional development offerings. They must bring a willingness to both challenge and support other educators and a desire to encourage lasting change within schools.
EOL is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We recognize that the more diverse we are, the better our work and program offerings will be. We sincerely encourage applications from those who have been historically marginalized and underrepresented within the adventure and educational field, including those who identify as Black Indigenous People of Color, disabled, and/or LGBTQ+.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help build EOL’s professional development for teachers.
- Capture and interpret insight from teachers and administrators through in school observation, focus groups, etc.
- Support with facilitation for EOL student programs primarily for grades 5 through 7.
- Assist with EOL administrative tasks and projects as needed.
- Experience as a classroom teacher.
- Strong organizational skills and systems thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field; teacher certification preferred.
- Willingness to live within a commutable distance to High 5 offices.
- Training and/or consultation experience with teachers is preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
Our themes Connect, Empower, Lead are a foundation for how we engage internally and externally. Here are some associated skills that will allow someone to flourish in this role;
- Openness to learn, question, take risks, and reflect for program & personal growth.
- Collaborative with multiple parties (teachers, administrations, consultants, etc.)
- Adaptability within a dynamic team as our roles and work evolves.
- Supportive of an environment in which students and/or adults can openly share their thoughts, feelings, challenges, and areas for growth.
Salary and Benefits: $45K-$56K commensurate with your experience, skills, education and training. We offer a generous benefits package that reflects the value we place on the well-being of our employees and their families. 24 days C.T.O. plus 19 days paid holidays.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Educator & PD Specialist” as the subject line. No phone calls, please.