The Lead Aftercare Coordinator is a part time position, Monday-Friday 12:30-5:30 or 6pm with some flexibility. Additional substitute hours may be available. Responsibilities include leading a group of approximately 16 three to six year old children in the aftercare program, snack and meal preparation, assisting with lunch coverage for other teachers, and some end of day cleaning and closing duties. All staff must be willing to learn Montessori teaching methods; be a team player; and speak in a calm, gentle tone.
NH State Requirements: Lead teachers must have a minimum of 1,000 hours experience working with children in a licensed child care program, and meet one of the following education options:
- a minimum of 18 credits in early childhood or elementary education, including at least 3 credits in a child development course; or
- documentation of a non-expired child development associates (CDA); or
- a credential from a MACTE accredited teacher preparation program
Montessori Schoolhouse offers assistance with the following requirements:
- 12-18 hours of professional development annually; and
- a current pediatric CPR/FA certification including an in-person skills test; and
- health and safety trainings in specific topics as outlined by the NH Child Care Licensing Bureau.
Benefits include: paid snow days (school closed) & 2 hour delayed openings; 3 sick days upon hiring; additional personal/vacation days after 6 months of employment; up to a 73% child tuition discount; and AFLAC pre-tax insurance plans.
Applicants should submit:
- cover letter
- copies of relevant transcripts/certificates
- application found at mshocc.org/employment
Submit through Indeed or mail to 28 Hurricane Rd. Keene, NH 03431.
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour