Parking Services OfficerAre you a friendly, positive professional with great customer service and communication skills? If so, consider a job with the City of Keene working in our Parking Services Department!
We are now accepting applications for a Parking Services Officer! This person is often the first person a citizen or visitor to the City may encounter. The Officer aids the City with achieving adopted goals, which promote downtown vitality, community development, business, industry, travel, tourism, commerce and residential activity in the Core and Growth districts, Main Street and adjourning neighborhoods.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reaches out proactively to the public, Parking Services customers or potential customers, soliciting feedback in support of continual improvement.
• Promotes Parking Services’ relationships with the community, businesses and other downtown neighborhood interests.
• Responds to inquiries and complaints and provides a high level of customer service.
• Uses effective communication to mitigate conflict. Develops competency in conflict-resolution and active listening to provide effective customer service.
• Determines parking violations according to City ordinances and writes tickets accordingly.
• Patrols the parking services areas on foot or by vehicle, in an irregular pattern, to promote public contact, and when required, correction of parking.
• Collects tickets from payment boxes and Revenue Collection Office, collects coins from meters when required and chalks tires to determine if violations of timed sections exist.
• Performs meter maintenance functions under the supervision of the Parking Operations Manager.
• Takes corrective measures in hazardous or unsafe conditions, and reports such incidents that are outside their control to the appropriate authority.
Pay and Benefits:
This 34 hour per week position offers a competitive pay range of $19.99- $24.91 per hour and is benefit eligible.
High school diploma or GED. Customer service background, including handling customer complaints and conflict resolution skills, are required. This position requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs as well as walk distances and operate specialized equipment.
Come to Keene and settle in! Our community is known as a safe place to live and one of the nation’s top communities to raise a family! Apply online: https:/keenenh.gov/jobs. Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your completed application. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 4PM.
Job Description: Parking Services Officer
The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.