Reports to: Greater Keene & Peterborough Chamber (GKPC) President/CEO, or designee
Status: Non-Exempt; Part-Time (25 -30) hours per week
If interested in applying for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Admin Support Position" in the subject line.
Overview & Funding
The Greater Keene & Peterborough Chamber (GKPC) Administrative & Marketing Support Coordinator (AMSC) position is funded primarily by general operations, at 30 hours per week, although hours may vary slightly based on grant funding and/or peak event/project workload. Regular hours will start at 11:00am- 4:00pm (and be adjusted if necessary), in the Keene NH office. Occasionally, work may occur in the Peterborough NH office.
Paid holidays (11 per year) and vacation/personal time, and retirement (401K) plan.
The AMSC’s primary responsibilities are providing customer service to Chamber members and the general public; contributing to the marketing communications efforts for Chamber programs; and assisting the President/CEO and staff with support of the board of directors, office support, projects, and events. As with all GKPC positions, some flexibility to attend early morning, evening and weekend events is expected.
As a GKPC employee, the AMSC is part of a collaborative team of professionals dedicated to delivering timely and responsive value to Chamber members and other stakeholders, throughout the Monadnock Region, on a daily basis, in accordance with the organization’s bylaws:
The Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is organized to advance the commercial, industrial, educational, cultural, recreational, and general welfare of Keene and the surrounding area.
In this context, every employee is expected to pitch in on whatever needs to be done on a given day, and/or over the course of a month or more. It is critical that the AMSC be a team player, including a commitment to public health protocols, such as required by the COVID pandemic.
- Provide office coverage and customer support for incoming phone calls, emails and walk-in visitors (scheduling for coverage is the responsibility of the GKPC Operations Manager).
- Serve as primary in-house graphic designer and copywriter, to work on such projects as: website graphics; newsletter, brochures and various forms of branding – proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design tools is required for this position. Assist in social media postings. Produce layout and design of bi-monthly newsletter. Create marketing materials to support events and programs, including banners, promotional flyers, ads, etc.
- Serve as primary coordinator, with support of other staff members, of GKPC visitors centers, in both Keene and Peterborough, including stocking of material. Primary liaison and supervision of Granite State Ambassadors, and/or other volunteers who may be assigned to the Chamber’s Keene and/or Peterborough locations to provide information to tourists and residents.
- Working with GKPC President/CEO, schedule Board and committee meetings, including collection and distribution of agendas, updates, and reports (Zoom hosting proficiency is required; will train). Take/edit meeting notes as needed (e.g. in absence of board secretary).
- Organize, update, maintain files on shared drive and in CRM database with accurate information. Maintain Relocation, New Member and Prospective Member Packets.
- Host a range of events as needed including Business-After-Hours, Coffee & Conversation, board and committee meetings – either in-person or via Zoom (or similar platforms).
- Other general office duties as required/assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to GKPC mission
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Detail oriented and accurate. Ability to write, edit and proofread clearly and quickly.
- Ability/willingness to set priorities, manage projects, meet deadlines, and be self-directed.
- Flexibility in responding to a busy work environment to meet changing priorities in an organization that is evolving. Ability to participate in a cooperative work environment.
- Strong diplomatic and customer service skills/experience.
- Expertise in scheduling and hosting virtual meetings on Zoom and other platforms.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in fast-paced office environment.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- Some regional in-state travel likely; occasional (optional) out-of-state travel possible.